Fleet Project Manager
- Would it even be possible to use membrane tanks for small fuel tanks?
- What would be the advantages and disadvantages of using this approach?
- What are the perceived complexities associated with it and what would be the perceived challenges?
- What else would be worth exploring: Possibilities, advantages, challenges and solutions?
This panel session will review alternative fuel concepts for the shipping sector with an emphasis on conversion challenges,
ROI, operational efficiency, fuel properties and the environmental impact. Ultimately, the discussion will focus on how to meet
short and long term carbon reduction targets.
- Assessing different types of alternative fuels that are being considered and explored outside of LNG?
- Exploring the cost, environmental compatibility and availability of these fuels?
- What are the considerations over the full life-cycle rather than just the fuel combustion stage?
- What barriers are holding back progress and how can the industry overcome them?
- What types of technologies are being applied to vessels to reduce emissions?
- How can the entire value chain collaborate effectively in the future to continue exploring alternative fuels and technology?
- Baleària Ferries strategic direction and commitment to the environment: Developing an eco efficient fleet
- LNG fleet overview: Current and future projects
- o Characteristics of the new build vessels
- o Characteristics of the conversion projects
- Adopting unique approaches to the design, construction and engineering aspects of each vessel
- Going beyond just LNG fuel efficiency and improving sustainability through technology and digitalisation